Monday, February 23, 2015

Radio Silence

Blogs die.  Simple truth, aye?  I've seen many go that I've enjoy reading.  Wherein the author states I will write a post with (x) frequency and then other projects come along, the blog dies and the internet gets another abandoned building.

Others simply stop for a while and then come back in a new form or they are still the same but with an added maturity.  Others don't learn from the past and are abandoned again and again like a smoker that is trying to quit again and again.

I think my blog, this thing here is more like the last bit.  A smoker who cannot quit.

In the time that I last wrote in this blog I've had an artistic revelation of sorts.

Dennis Sheehan, Day's End.

The painting above was painted using a two color pallet.  Two. 
I recently watched a couple of videos of Mr Sheehan doing his thing and in each he used a burnt umber and a dark green.  The tools used were a three inch wide paintbrush like what you get at Home Despot, linquin oil  and paper towels.

I've read about people using a limited pallet before to great effect but it didn't sink in until I watched it happen in front of me.  I want to try it out for myself and if I do I will be sure to document it and put it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment