Friday, September 26, 2014

Blood for blood.

I am not the most articulate person I know.  That particular award has to go to my friend Kai who can argue with the best of them.  It is probably genetic as his father is a playwright and the whole family is smarter than a... group of... smart people.

It is frustrating then when someone at work or somewhere starts going off on a tangent that I find enraging.  This happened today, not twenty minutes ago where a person I work with started talking about ISIS or the guy that shut down the airports because he was trying to kill himself.  It quickly devolved into blood for blood, violence meeting violence and no room for sympathy or a different view.  It was loud and cold.

I wrote yesterday about how I lean towards the classical Stoic philosophy and I would like to clarify part of that thought.  I feel that in all honesty we are all collectively as good as our lowest/weakest actions.  When someone kills in hate or for fun we are all dragged down.  Revenge, theft... anger.  They drag us down.  So when someone says that blood is the only way to answer a problem or that they best way to solve immigration is to throw them out or away it infuriates me.  Something I've started to find is that the people that hold these views are people that have abused the system in their youth.

A person I knew in high school who did drugs and brought alcohol to classes now is a staunch Republican.  The person that was grumpin about the IMMAGANTS at work I know for a fact does abuse some of the same programs that he just bitched about.

I don't like that I can't really say to these people that they are being cold.  I hate that I can't cite to their satisfaction the reasons why they are wrong or that what they themselves are using for an argument is based on flawed data or rhetoric that has been proven as bad or misleading or incomplete.

I am sad and angry and hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment