Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The loneliness of a middle distance runner.

I am tired.  It is something to be expected with a newborn as any parent will share.  Its kind of like our version of scar stories.  You talk about how at X am so and so puked up and I had to scrub the floor in the dark or how it was like in the Exorcist when she puked but in your case it wasn't puke.  I feel guilty though because I know I get more sleep at night than my wife.  I've been averaging 5 hours, she is probably at 2.

We are getting there though, every day it seems like the Girl sleeps more at night and that is a victory of a kind.  She does however balance it out with 5 diapers in 5 minutes poop fests.  More poop for more sleep is apparently how it works out for this baby.  I'll take it, I'm not proud but I am sleepy.

It's Tuesday, that means food according to my tags and so I present to you an experiment that I am going to try soon.  I say experiment and that makes it sound grand however it really is just more laziness.  One of my favorite side dishes growing up was broccoli and cheese or green beans with cheese.  My mom would melt Velveeta on top of the veg as they cooked and I couldn't get enough.  What I am going to try is putting Alfredo sauce on top the veg as it would need much less cooking time/prep.  If it works it means a cheaper way of getting tasty vegetables with dairy goo and that is a good thing.

Also bacon, I've got bacon that I am going to add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment