Monday, September 22, 2014

Mood music.

Everyone does it, either intentionally or not, but we all tend to associating music with moods or points in our life.  It adds color and brings back memories.  They've (the grand THEY, you know, scientists) done studies with Alzheimer's and found that songs from the patient's past allowed for greater recollection and function.  More information Here.  In short, music is powerful JuJu.

I find that I quite like the moods that certain music can give me.  Right now I am feeling the need for something melancholy and so I am listening to Pink Floyd's The Division Bell right at this moment.  It is close to what I want, but not quite there.  I have a Silent Hill station on Pandora that comes up with stuff that closer matches what I am looking for at the moment.  Something sad and lonely, lost in the fog, dark and beautiful.

I guess in review I am mopey and I wish to wallow.  Boo hoo, poor me. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment