Monday, July 14, 2014

Soon, soon.

The Girl is coming soon.

The Earth trembles at the coming child.  Men weep and children run.  Soon she will lay waste to all and make all bow before her....
In like a month.  In the mean time Wife and I are gathering up the baby accessories like clothes, diapers and battle-borg teddy bears.  You know, the essentials.  So in an effort to allow my wife, the Wife, to gestate in peace I've been trying to take our son out more.  This last weekend we went down south to the Payson Scottish Festival.  Fun was had by all.  I had a Scottish Egg for a bit of second breakfast.  For those unfamiliar, a Scottish Egg is a hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage and deep fried.  Billions of calories, nae a hint of vegitables, DEEP FRIED.  Scottish Food.

Also got some Ginger Beer, because of course I did.  How could I not?  Especially when the salesperson that handed me my two bottles was about the ginger-y ginger you could ever ask for.  I applaud the lad.  It takes some bravery to go out on a limb, sell the drink and put up with the barrage of comments that his complexion would invite.

In a way I will be quite glad when the new baby is born.  In a way I will also be rather sad. It is pretty neat to feel them kick but I want to meet her now.  I want the Boy to meet his sister and for us to grow as a family.  Moreover I want to continue to take my family to festivals and expose them to fun flavors and sights.

Just about another month now.

No comments:

Post a Comment