Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The memories of food.

As I continue writing these posts I feel that having one day a week where I talk about food strikes me as a bit... glutton-y?  I like food, I really do but I don't wish to give the impression that it is all I think about.  This may be the last Tuesday Foods post for some time.  We'll see.

I hesitate to cut this out though because so many shared memories come from meals or food experiences with friends.  I love sharp cheddar because it is something that my grandpa shared with me.  Its special.  I have a fondness for mac 'n' cheese with corn on the cob because it is one of my favorite meals that my mom made when I was growing up.  I imagine that anyone reading this has similar memories that they could share.  It's another of those connections that seems, no matter where you grew up, to be similar for everyone.  Is it genetic?  Who knows.  Maybe it comes from far back when we huddled together under the stars and told tales by the fire while sharing food.

If I were to replace the food section I would probably switch it out with something geeky, seeing as that is the sort of thing that I enjoy and it is my blog.  Honestly I probably should use it as an update day for the comic that has been languishing.  Maybe I will use it as a review day?  I don't know.  I need to think about these things in advance rather than stream of thought-ing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment