Friday, August 8, 2014

And now I am a potato.

We are still on Babywatch.  The top favorite for a replacement word for F**K is Braxton-Higgs.  At this point, from a non-incubator perspective, it is kind of like watching a Wife size pot of water come to a boil.  It takes forever, you can easily burn yourself and just when you think you get to the point where you can cook your food the stove explodes because you have placed an irresponsible amount of hot water on a tiny stove.

What was I saying?  Oh yeah, FRUSTRATION.  As bad as the waiting is for me, it is much worse on The Wife.  I at least don't have a wee thing inside of me, wriggling about and keeping me awake, having to use the bathroom and punching me intestines/bones.  I joke with my wife that she does not have patience at the best of times but that's not true.  Right now what she is doing I'm not certain I could do.  The little sleep, the changes in taste and smells.  The aches and discomfort that only seem to subside but never leave.  I think I would be driven mad.

Again, just being on the outside of the process is frustrating.  I can't control when the baby comes or how smoothly it can go.  I can't know beforehand if something I do will set off a pregnancy related discomfort with my wife.  The lack of control is hard.  Whenever The Girl comes it will be a little easier.  I will be able to hold her and let my wife rest.  I will be able to feed her or give some quiet time.  I know how to handle babies now and even though less sleep and more stress are a certainty I welcome it.  Heck, I'm even looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment