Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wherein there is endurance.

Monday we went to the place where we are supposed to have The Girl.  We were there till 3am and my little princess was a no show.  We still wait.

The Wife is holding together as well as she can but we are in a different gear than before.  She is resting, I am doing what I can to keep her and The Boy fed and taken care of.  I know how I feel, I cannot imagine how she feels right now.  

I know for a fact that we were spoiled before when The Boy was induced.  There was no waiting or false starts or month of contractions.  It was a relatively simple process that still managed to suck, no doubt it sucked, but it was over and done in a day.

I do look forward to the day she finally comes.  To a ceasing of hostilities on my wife's body. to the ability to hold her for a while while everyone else rests.  I look forward to introducing our Boy to The Girl, to teaching him how to play with her.  I look forward to a SLIGHTLY more restful night of sleep though I doubt that one will happen for a while yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment