Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Taking bets.

I've started a little pool.  I am asking friends and family when they think The Girl will be born.  She is due this month and I thought it would be nice to treat someone to a lunch for getting it right.

Interestingly enough most people are going for the 15th and after.  Something is telling me that it is going to happen sooner rather than later though.  She has dropped and is showing other signs of it being an IMMINENT EVENT.

All looming portends of terror aside, I am looking forward to ending this phase and moving on to the active Daddy phase.  I am hoping to get The Boy as involved as possible.  He already loves to help and I want to make sure that he is protective of his little sister.  Some people may not like the approach we are taking but I do want him to feel responsible for her.  I hope it will help him not feel envious of all the attention that she is going to get.

After she is born I am also going to take the time to spend some time one on one with him.  My biggest fear is that he starts to feel less important.  I never want him to feel that way and I am going to do what I can to play with him and show him lots of love.

No pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment