Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rough night, good morning.

So last night my boy had what could best be described as a rough time.  A fever of 101 at the height, restlessness and aches made it so he was grouchy as can be.  My wife and I gave him medicine and a couple of baths to help keep his temperature down.  We played with his bath toys (Thomas, Diesel, Captain and two ducks), we helped him laugh and we explained, as best we could, what we were doing and why.

Even with all of that it was about every two hours till four? that he would get up, go to the potty and I would give him water.  I would hug him and help him back to bed.  It seemed to work as he is doing much better today.  It is good repayment for the sleepiness that I feel right now, I knew he would be okay but that doesn't stop you from worrying, does it?  Nevertheless he is fine and that helped me feel quite a bit better but something else happened that brought my mood up just a bit more.

A great-nephew came into the world last night weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 11 oz.  He is the continuation of a family that was hoping for a bit of a miracle. You see, my grandpa Keachie died shortly after I was married.  He didn't see a great grandchild Keachie to carry on the name, I wish he could have met my little boy and all of the other additions to the family that have happened.  I'd like to think that he would be smiling right now, proud as can be not just to see a continuation of the name, but to see a great couple get the chance to share the traditions that he shared with all of us.

Céad míle fáilte, little one. You are more welcome around these parts than you might have guessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment